Sunday, August 29, 2010

Recent Additions II

Yes, I'm alive. In case you've been wondering.

Welcome back.

I could go on and on, why I haven't blogged much this summer...crazy overtime, busy weekends, working around the house...but I won't bore you with all that!

Let me apologize to those, who check in on this site from time to time, for not having any updates.

Yes, it's been a busy summer for me...but I've managed to score a few autographs during this wonderful summer of 2010.

Instead of blogging a story, or stories have you, I'll just show highlights of the past few months...with a brief story.

I've done this style of blog once before, as you may remember. I kinda liked it, so I'm going to try it out again.

Let's roll.


Recent Additions II

Projects; Part One- Canadian Women's 2010 Olympic Gold Medal Winning Hockey Team 8x10 Photo














Sometimes I really wonder why I start difficult projects. I've got a few on the go right now. 2 different card sets. The (in)famous Hall of Fame 16x20 photo. A Hall of Fame baseball. A 8x10 of the 1993 World Series winning Toronto Blue Jays...just to name a few.

However, as you probably know, I started a 8x10 of the Women's 2010 Olympic Hockey Team. The team that capitivated the country, as they won Gold, on home soil.

The project began with captain Hayley Wickeheiser's autograph, as I mentioned before. It's grown over the summer.

Gillian Apps















I met Gillian Apps, at AJ's Sportsworld, when she had a public signing.














After she signed my 8x10, she was kind enough to pose for a photo with me...and let me hold her 2010 gold medal!


















Jennifer Botterill

I met 'Botts' at a University of Guelph golf tourney, where she was very happy to sign for me! Incredibly nice!














Rebecca Johnston

Probably the nicest hockey player, that I've met. Long story short...she heard that my friends and I were waiting for her, and that we missed her...she came off her team bus, walked across an entire parking to sign autographs, on her own accord!














Just a great person to her fans! After she signed my photo, she was great enough to pose for a picture!


















She's still young, so Canada gets to watch her play for a long time to come!

Marie-Philip Poulin

At the same facility, where I met Rebecca Johnston, I got to meet the 'Sidney Crosby of women's hockey'! Marie was very nice, and signed the 8x10!


















Afterwards, she posed for a picture...and thanked me! For those of you who don't know she is...in Canada's 2-0 Gold medal win over the USA, she scored both Canadian goals! She's fantastic!















Cherie Piper

I wish I had a cool little story....but I don't. My great friend, Bill, was kind enough to land her autograph for me! Thanks Cherie...and many thanks to Bill!














Projects; Part Two- Hockey Hall Of Fame 16x20 Photo














The king of my projects. I think I do more travelling over this badboy, then any other autograph in general!

Gilbert Perreault














The life long member of the Sabres, and part of the famous 'French Connection' line, was recently at Frozen Pond, where he signed my 16x20 photo.














He added his HOF 90 incription, before posing with me for picture.














Luc Robitaille


















The superstar 2009 inductee, was also at Frozen Pond recently.














After talking to him about his cool Delissio commercial (thanks Bill!) with Martin Brodeur, he signed my project and took a photo with me!














Borje Salming














The legendary Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman, was back in Canada for a short amount of time from his home Sweden. He made an appearance at Frozen Pond, where he signed a 8x10 of him and Allan Bester, and the HOF 16x20.














We posed for a picture together afterwards.














Projects; Part Three- Captains of the Blue & White 16x20 Photo














I picked up a 16x20 recently, at AJ's Sportsworld. I really like the look of it, and decided to work on it. It's a 16x20 of 5 Captains of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Wendel Clark

Wendel recently appeared at Mohawk raceway, promoting the Maple Leaf Trot. The same horserace that Darryl Sittler promoted the year previously...in which I blogged about!














My entire family went to the signing, along with friends Sheldon, Chris, Ernie, and Michelle! After getting up to Wendel, we got the 16x20 signed beautifully, a free 16x20, and a puck.


















My son, Josh, got to take a picture with the famous Leaf!














Sheldon got a puck, Chris got some cards done, and Ernie & Michelle got a jersey, puck, photo, and a card signed! Afterwards, I was interviewed by 'The Score', asking about my favourite Wendel memory! It was quite the great day!


















Rick Vaive

I returned, once again, to Frozen Pond this summer. This time, former Leafs Captain, Rick Vaive was making an autograph appearance. I brought along the cool Leafs Captains 16x20, and had him sign it.


















Afterwards, the 50 goal scorer and I posed for a picture together.


















All righty, onto some individual (non-project) autograph signers!

Allan Bester














I finished that 8x10 I mentioned earlier, with Borje Salming, at the Toronto Card Show...when Allan Bester, former Toronto Maple Leafs goalie, made an appearance.














He signed the pic, and added a "Go Leafs Go!" inscription! Thanks to Ryan for sharing the photo with me.














Steven Adler

Well, where to begin?! Guns 'N Roses is one my all time favourite bands (We saw them this past February in Toronto!), so when former drummer Steven Adler made an appearance at a Chapters for a book signing...I had to get his autograph! However, it was a work night for me. My wife, Corinna, who is also a fan of GNR...decided to make the trip to Toronto for me!


















Adler greeted Corinna with a hug, and planted a kiss on her!


















He signed his autobiography and my Appetite For Destruction album cover for her! He also posed for a picture with her!














He was incredibly nice, and was appriecative of everyone who came out to meet him! I'm glad she got to meet the drummer of Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, and Paradise City...to name a few legendary tunes! Thanks Corinna!


















Johnny Bower

For the 2nd time this year, I got to meet the legendary goaltender...Johnny Bower. After picking up his book, sadly in the discount bin for 5 bucks, I got it signed at the Toronto Card Show.














He was very gracious, and seemed touched that someone brought his book!


















Dustin Brown

Recently, the Guelph Storm OHL team had a reunion game...that I've mentioned here before. One of the former players, Dustin Brown, returned to Guelph. Brown is now the captain of the Los Angeles Kings, and was a member of the Silver Medal winning, USA Olympic Hockey Team. After waiting briefly in line, Brown signed an 8x10 for me.














Drew Doughty

The 2010 Gold Medallist, also returned to Guelph for the alumni game.















Before the game, I caught up with the star defenseman, outside of the Sleeman Centre, where he was kind enough to sign 2 items.



























A 16x20 of the Men's Olympic Hockey Team, and a 8x10 in a Canadian uniform!














He signed a puck for me later on in the day also!

















Ferguson Jenkins

My family and I, recently went to St. Mary's for the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame inductions. I brought along a 8x10 of the Cooperstown Hall, and had the Canadian Legend sign it for me.














After Fergie, nicely signed the pic, he posed for a photo with Josh and I.















Paul Henderson

Corinna made the trip to AJ's Sportsworld for me recently, and got a great 8x10 signed for me.


















The famous 1972 Summit Series game winning goal scorer, Paul Henderson, appeared for a signing, and Corinna got the famous image signed for me! Thanks baby!


















Vladislav Tretiak

Also, at the same signing, was one of the greatest goaltenders of all time. Tretiak, who Henderson scored the famous goal on, also appeared.















Corinna got him to sign the same 8x10, and my HOF 16x20 project...as he's a member of the Hall of Fame (1989).

















Strangely enough, Henderson is not.

Katie Morgan

Former adult star, and current Hollywood actress (Zack & Miri...) was at a Kevin Smith appearance in Brantford recently. She was there last year, and I didn't have anything for her to sign...this year however...I came prepared with an 'interesting' 8x10. She was very nice, and personalized the autograph to me.


















Thomas McCollum

The former Detroit Red Wings first round selection, returned to Guelph for the alumni game this summer. During the pre-game signing, he was good enough to sign an 8x10 of him playing for the USA, in the World Junior Championship.














After the game, we posed for a picture...with his Detroit goalie gear!














Jeff O'Neill

Former Leaf & Hurricane, Jeff O'Neill returned to Guelph for the almumni game also. O'Neill still holds many scoring records with the Storm.














He signed a cool 8x10 during the pre-game signing, but trying to talk to him or getting a picture with him...was a bit more challenging.














Roberto Alomar


















This should acutally be an entire blog entry on it's own. Why? Because Robbie is my wife's favourite! Yup. Whenever he's in town making an appearance...we're there! Truth is, I like him too...but Gretz, is my fave! Anyways, Robbie was getting inducted into the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame, and we made the trip to St. Mary's just to see him! (And for me to land some other autographs!) When Robbie arrived, with his family, he started signing.


















During this time, he stopped and posed for a picture with his number one fan...Corinna!














We managed to get SEVEN autographs from him that evening!














He was incredibly gracious to my family, and my friend Ernie, signing everything we had. During an charity softball game, he signed for over an hour for his fans!


















I was stunned! Corinna and I now have over a dozen Roberto Alomar in-person autographs...and something tells me, we'll get more!


















Brian Willsie

The former linemate of Joe Sakic, Willsie, returned to Guelph for the Alumni game.


















During the pre-game signing, Brian signed an 8x10 for me. I also interviewed him for a possible future AQW... blog entry.


















PK Subban

While waiting for Johnston & Poulin, of the Women's Olympic Team, PK Subban and some other NHL'ers showed up at the same arena for a charity ball hockey game.

















Subban, the young Habs star defenseman, signed a Team Canada puck for me after the game.














The 2 time World Junior Gold Medal winner posed for a picture with me, after he signed the puck.



















Well, there we go...finally a new entry. Hopefully, it won't be this long next time. And as always, thanks to those who help me out with autographs and picture taking...you know who you are!

Finally, thanks for visiting the site.

See you soon,
C

2 comments:

  1. Busy summer indeed! Love the Salming/Bester pic and the Alomar stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice haul you've had recently.

    Saw your tweet that Rebecca Johnston RTed.


    Good luck on the rest of the team.
    I live in Vancouver, so I never get to see any of them (except for Hayley who comes here once a year for a hockey school) so although I had them here for 3 weeks during the Olympics... I will likely never get to have an item like that since they never come to Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete