Sunday, May 30, 2010

Autograph Questions With...Hayley Wickenheiser

Welcome to a brand new segment/idea to my blog.

I introduced a new segment awhile ago, "Can't Miss Prospects", which I always recieve positive feedback about...so I decided to add an 'interview' touch to my blog.

I decided to try to ask athletes and celebrities, when I meet them, some general autograph questions...questions that I'm usually asked when people find out about my hobby of collecting autographs.

I've already asked two different celebrities these questions, and decided to present a true Canadian hockey icon's answers as the first posting.

It's my pleasure to present the Captain of the 2010 Canadian Olympic Women's Hockey Team's answers...Hayley Wickenheiser.

























I had the opportunity to meet Hayley today, in St. Catherine's, Ontario, at a Canadian Tire grand re-opening. I had two photos signed by the 3 time Olympic Gold Medallist, which she signed beautifully, and had a photo taken with the Canadian hockey legend. (Thanks to Bill, for taking our picture.)















I approached Hayley, and introduced myself. This past week I mentioned that I would like to ask her some questions for my blog, on her Facebook fan page. After remembering my posting on fb, she agreed to answer my questions! She kindly he signed my two photos and posed for our picture together. Then she told me to stand beside her, and that she would chat with me during her final few signings.

It's my distinct pleasure to present what was said, with the three-time Olympic Gold Medallist.



"Autograph Questions With...Hayley Wickenheiser"

"Who was the first person, you ever asked for an autograph?"

HW; "Gord Kluzak...former Boston Bruins defenseman."


















"Who was the most recent person, you've asked for an autograph?"

HW; "Hmmm...Oh, Alexandre Bilodeau...at the Olympics, for my son."














"What's the 'coolest' thing you've ever autographed?"

HW; "The leather, inside a Ford Escape!" (NOTE; She answered this question immediately, without hesistation!)













"What's the 'weirdest' thing you've ever autographed?

HW; "Hmm...Oh a bare, hairy back". (NOTE; We both laughed at her answer...really, who would ask someone to sign their hairy back?!)


















"If you could ask anyone, living or dead, for an autograph, who would it be?"

HW; (After thinking for a moment) "I think I would like a personalized letter from Nelson Mandela."


















There we have it. I can't express my gratitude to Hayley for her exremely valuable time and her kindness for answering my few questions. I hope all of you who take the time to read this, realize how much of a Canadian treasure Hayley truly is...and have a chance in the future to meet her.

And if you can't meet her...cheer on our Canadian Women's Hockey team, which she'll hopefully be leading again in the near future.















Remember, if you're not a Canadian Women's Hockey team fan...you're not a fan of Canadian hockey period!














Hope you enjoyed the first "AQW..." posting, and remember to visit again, as I have one more interview ready for posting in the next few days!

C

PS; Thanks for voting in the most recent poll, in which I asked who do you think the next Toronto Maple Leaf to be elected in the Hall of Fame will be?

With 52% of the votes, Doug Gilmour won the poll...with Mats Sundin coming in 2nd.

We'll see which former Leaf gets in next, as the inductees will be announced soon this summer.

PS deux; Images shown with Hayley's answers, are images found on the internet, and are meant for reference only.

2 comments:

  1. Hayley should be in the Hall one of these days. She's done so much for Women's hockey, it's unheard of.
    I really like the Q&A segment of your blog Chris, nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the aerial photo of the women's Olympic hockey team from?

    ReplyDelete